Originally a railway shed built in 1889, 710 Collins Street (‘Goods Shed’) underwent a full transformation in 2010 to become a fully functioned, environmentally accredited, character building on Collins Street.
The building occupies a large rectangular block of ~7,800sqm spanning between Collins Street and Bourke Street, with a four level retail and commercial building at the Collins Street end. It also provides excellent break out facilities, meeting rooms and end of trip facilities.
A planning application for a new tower of ~70,000sqm incorporating Heritage elements from the existing Good Shed has been endorsed by Council and the Department. The plans are currently with the Minister for approval given they are yet to receive Heritage Victoria approval.